Coon Family

COON FAMILY - Spencer, Chelsea, Preston & Lylah

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Christmas Traditions...

We started some new traditions this year along with some of the ones we already started! Preston is getting older and these holiday seasons just keep getting more fun! One of our old traditions is setting up the tree right AFTER Thanksgiving. I'm a huge advocate of not setting up the tree until after Thanksgiving. I have a TON of reasons for this that I wont get into but let me just say that it drives me absolutely crazy that people do this haha! One of my pet peeves i guess...




Another one of my older traditions is putting my kids santa pictures in a picture frame ornament each year, Preston really liked looking at his pictures!


One of our new traditions was an advent calender...I put a little treat and a piece of paper for each day that including a Christmas related activity. Preston got excited about it each day so I think we will keep this going!


We also put lights on our house for the first time this year! Were going to add a little each year until it looks awesome but I was so excited about the little that we did have! I've been begging spenc to do this since we got married!


We also introduced Santas helper Dixon the Elf. Preston LOVED finding him each morning! 


I also like to go and see Santa earlier in the month so I can frame their picture and look at it through the month. We always go to Bass Pro Shop!


And then we LOVE to send out Christmas cards!


One of my very favorite part of the whole season is receiving Christmas cards from friends and family...I like to tape them on my cabinets so we can see them all the time!


No comments: