Coon Family

COON FAMILY - Spencer, Chelsea, Preston & Lylah

Friday, December 23, 2011

A Coon Christmas...

Since we will be with my family this year for Christmas we went over to the Coon's house last night to have an early Christmas with them. I do have to explain something about the Coons. They are incredible people and are some of the most giving people I have ever met. Last week they told us that they had invited a couple of people to our Christmas party that didn't have family to share Christmas with. When I first heard them say it I thought to myself, this isn't going to be fun...i don't want people i don't know at our Christmas party! Yes sometimes I can't believe how bratty i am. Anyways after I thought about it, I was excited to have them there. And I'm so glad they came...I could tell how much they appreciated it and it just brought in that special giving feeling that we should all have during Christmas time. They also made sure to have gifts for the 2 men they had invited over. My sister in law told me that one of them men got up in sacrament meeting last fast sunday and thanked my inlaws for all their help, love and support. They really are such special people and I'm so lucky to have them in my life. I love them so much. 

We always draw names between siblings every year to get gifts...this year Spenc had Tiff and I had Alyssa and Danny had me and Tiff had Spenc. haha so we opened those gifts last night plus Ron and Debbie gave us some much needed cash! :)







Tiffany had a friend over and we finally got to meet the famous Grant. She has been having a blast with this boy and every sunday comes to dinner with stories. It's been so fun to hear all about their dates and its great to finally meet him in person. He lived up to all that Tiffany talked him up to be...he had us all laughing and was so polite and sweet. Tiff got him a present and had him open it in front of all of us...he was a good sport!



And these pajamas were an inside joke of theirs I guess...haha.


They were really cute together! We approve of Grant!

Last night was SO much fun. I'm actually sad that we are going to miss out on some of the Coon Christmas festivities this year...its hard having family live far away. I'm jealous of Dan and Alyssa having both families so close and they get to go to everything and see everyone every holiday. But I am SO excited to see my family! 

No comments: