Coon Family

COON FAMILY - Spencer, Chelsea, Preston & Lylah

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I can't stop thinking...

I honestly had no idea what was going on with this issue until a few days ago. I can honestly say that I loved President Packers talk, when someone would ask me about general conference and what talk I liked his is the one I brought up. It was on trials that we face that we can overcome. And I definitely have trials that I need to overcome and work on and I felt the spirit through his words. I truly believe that we all have trials to overcome in this life and if we cave in, those trials can harm us. I don't have huge trials to overcome like some but I was shocked on some of the things I was reading in regards to this talk. I loved this story here a once "gay" women's perspective of his talk. And another perspective here.

Not once did he mention anything about hate. About not accepting people or not willing to help anyone. I do feel bad for these people and I feel bad they think we are trying to make them feel bad and unwanted. But I think when someone is doing something wrong they take offense more easily. And this talk got turned around and is now thought of as a hatred speech. Most people don't know how much our church is doing to help the "gays" with their trials. Of course no one wants to mention anything good they just want to feed on the so called bad things the church does. I loved how this man ( unknown author ) worded his thoughts so I wanted to share them:

Why is it that people who have nothing to do with the church try to change what it teaches? I thought americans were all about free speech. I find it sad that people who feel they might be gay are taught by society that God made you this way, you don't have a choice. There are many different sexual orientations or inclinations but just because today homosexuality has greater acceptance in society does not mean that an active gay lifestyle is right or acceptable to God. A greater love for people who are suffering with this issue is needed but it can't be done by purely condoning the behavior, it has to be lovingly helping people to cope, adapt and live a life in accordance with what God has taught. My weakness will be different to yours but may be more devastating in different ways. I don't argue it is one of the most difficult things to overcome, but for people, especially those who are not even members to try to change the doctrine and expect the church to conform to their views attacks free speech and in a religious sense is trying to change the mind of God and standards that God has set. We as members accept that the prophet and leaders reveal to us the messages God wants us to receive. Whether it is hard for us to accept it or not it is better to know and understand His will than to blindly follow the ideas of society which frequently change and are the cause of many social problems we have around the world today. I didn't know the church had so much to do with helping mormons who feel they are gay and although I am not gay it gives me a sense of peace to know the extent of this. That is what perhaps people should give more consideration to.

I have a testimony of this church. I know its true. I know our Apostles were called of God. I have a testimony of revelation and I believe in what has been revealed, what is now revealed and what will be revealed. I'm ready to stand for what is right and what is true. 

We believe all that God has revealed, all that He does now reveal, and we believe that He will yet reveal many great and important things pertaining to the Kingdom of God.--9th Article of Faith

No comments: