Coon Family

COON FAMILY - Spencer, Chelsea, Preston & Lylah

Monday, May 9, 2011

Mothers Day...


I really felt special yesterday...I'm such a lucky girl to have my 2 boys in my life. I think the word to describe how I felt most of the day would be grateful. How grateful I am that I "get" to be a mom. Sometimes I feel inadequate and pray that I am being what my child(ren) need me to be. Being a mom is such a privilege, a privilege that goes by so quickly. In Relief Society yesterday, we had all the young women in there as well ( that's why I was able to be there ) they talked about how quickly time passes with our little ones. My son is only 2 years old but I couldn't help but cry...these have been the fastest 2 years of my life. I think they have also been the happiest, hardest and I don't think I have ever learned so much. Its crazy how much a sweet little spirit can teach and change your life for the better. Children are amazing. This quote from Anna Quindlen ended our meeting and I've thought about it ever since.

"There is one picture of the three of them, sitting in the grass on a quilt in the shadow of the swing set on a summer day, ages 6, 4 and 1. And I wish I could remember what we ate, and what we talked about, and how they sounded, and how they looked when they slept that night.
I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book, bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less."

I think what scares me the most is my memory is bad as it is. I SO don't want to forget these days, these moments when my children are so sweet and innocent, little with chubby fingers and toes. I don't want to forget Preston at 2 years old. When he's tired and wants to watch a movie, he likes to cuddle right next to me and puts my face right next to his and holds my cheek with his sweet little hand. I don't want to forget how excited he is to see me in the morning giving me hugs and kisses.  I love that he knows about what time Spenc should be home and he asks me over and over where dada is...he LOVES his dada. I don't want to forget that we had to distract Preston by having him throw a leaf at dada while he took the picture above ( only way we could get him to smile and look at the camera). I really hope that I can treasure the doing a little more, because even when the doing seems endless and daunting, I really would choose this over doing anything else in the world.  I LOVE being a mom. And I can't wait to be a mom again to my sweet little angel on the way. 

I also wanted to thank my Mother, I really couldn't have picked anyone better. I got so lucky to have her in my life - you are one of my very best friends and I can't tell you how much i love and adore you. You have taught me so much, have always been there and I could never thank you enough. 

My sweet Mother-in-Law. She raised the perfect guy for me. And I really can't thank her enough for it. She is full of strength and knows how to stand up for what is right, I have really learned a thing or two from her. 

There are so many mothers that I look up to, My sister and sister-in-law, children or not they are amazing and such examples. My Aunts, friends, and ward members that I associate with are all such examples of strength, never giving up and love. I can't tell you how lucky I feel to have each of these women in my life. 

Happy Mothers Day...

2 comments:

Corinne and Justin said...

I look up to you too sis! You are such an amazing mom to Presty, and I know you will be such an amazing mom to your little girl too :) Love you!

KevinandPamelaBigelowFamily said...

Chelsea - I love you so much and you are a wonderful daughter - You are also an amazing mother!