Coon Family

COON FAMILY - Spencer, Chelsea, Preston & Lylah

Sunday, May 9, 2010

To: My beautiful Mom...

( My beautiful mother and me when i was about Prestons age )

This is one of my favorite quotes on mothers, its by President Gordon B. Hinckley...it says:
“Most of you are mothers, and very many of you are grandmothers and even great-grandmothers. You have walked the sometimes painful, sometimes joyous path of parenthood. You have walked hand in hand with God in the great process of bringing children into the world that they might experience this estate along the road of immortality and eternal life. It has not been easy rearing a family. Most of you have had to sacrifice and skimp and labor night and day. As I think of you and your circumstances, I think of the words of Anne Campbell, who wrote as she looked upon her children:

You are the trip I did not take;
You are the pearls I cannot buy;
You are my blue Italian lake;
You are my piece of foreign sky.

(“To My Child,” quoted in Charles L. Wallis, ed., The Treasure Chest [1965], 54)

You [mothers] are the real builders of the nation wherever you live, for you have created homes of strength and peace and security. These become the very sinew of any nation.” Gordon B. Hinckley, “Women of the Church,” Ensign, Nov 1996, 67


Its hard to even try and write how i feel about my mother. I dont think I understood the love she had for me untill I became a mother myself. That feeling of undeniable love when you first hold that newborn baby in your arms and look in his/her eyes and you see and feel that little peice of heaven is the most wonderful feeling in the world. I see heaven, I see angels, I see hope, prayers, and wishes answered everytime I look into Prestons eyes. And its amazing when you realize that your mother feels the same way about you. My life now revolves around that precious boy and I know for a fact that my mothers life once revolved around me and my amazing siblings ( and still does ). She provided a safe haven, a place we all felt loved and welcomed.  I dont know how Id ever repay her for the time she spent rocking me to sleep at night, kisses and hugs everyday, teaching me to pray and love my heavenly father. I dont know how to thank her for her shopping expertise, long night talks, making me feel like i could accomplish anything, and being my #1 fan in everything i did.  I hate to think back and remember all that i put my mom through, i dont know how she kept her sanity. But i am so unbelievably thankful that she was there, that she was MY mom, and that God lead her in the way she lead me. Im so thankful for the prayers she prayed in my behalf...for her testimony that helped me belive in the truth...and her faithful example in the way we should live our life. My mom lead me in the right direction, she helped me through tough desicions and i made it to this incredible point in my life that couldnt be any better. I honestly hope and pray that i make her proud. Im proud to call her my mom, im SO very blessed to call her mom. I love you with all my heart mom. Happy Mothers Day.
 

This song is beautiful and I honestly feel like God gave me the perfect angel to watch over me when he sent me to my mom.

2 comments:

Corinne and Justin said...

You so sweet and our mom is great isnt she? ha and so are you! You are a wonderful mom to lil Presty, hes so lucky!! Happy Mothers Day sister! LOVE YOUU!

Brandi said...

OH my goodness your mom looks like a baby there! She is a wonderful mom! Its the best having your mom as a best friend. OH and you look a lot like preston in that picture!