Coon Family

COON FAMILY - Spencer, Chelsea, Preston & Lylah

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Be a Little Better...

I have a little book I read each morning that has a inspirational thought or scripture in it for each day. Yesterday it was titled " Be a Little Better ".

The scripture that went with it was from 2 Corinthians 13:11, it says " Be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace shall be with you. It goes on to say... We are all in this together, all of us, and we have a great work to do. Every teacher can be a better teacher than he or she is today. Every officer can be a better officer than he or she is today. Every father a better father. Every mother a better mother. Every husband a better husband, every wife a better wife, every child a better child. We are on the road that leads to immortality and eternal life and today is a part of it. Let us never forget it.

This has been on my mind all day and all night. I need to be better. Some days I feel like I waste an entire day doing pointless things. Every day is important, there is always someone in need, there is always something to do to make you a better person whether it be healthier active things or spirtual well being.

I can become a better mother...I can read more stories of Christ to my little one, I can show him how important service is by doing it and showing by example, I can eat healthier and excersise so he knows those things are important as well...

I can become a better wife...there are a million acts of service I could do for him each and every day, I need to let him know each and every day how proud of him i am and thank him for all he does for us, I need to make sure I always make time for him every day...

There are countless ways I could become better and Im making it a goal right now that for now on Im really going to try and eliminate all those things that are holding me back from being that person I really know I could and want to be.

Ill do it for these boys....I really do love them SO very much!

No comments: