Coon Family

COON FAMILY - Spencer, Chelsea, Preston & Lylah

Friday, January 29, 2010

Its not funny...

About 3 weeks ago while I was feeding Preston he bit me...I told him no in a mean voice and he didnt do it again. Well just a few days ago he started to bite me again but this time when I tell him no (meanly) he looks at me and smiles and laughs. Ive even stopped feeding him and put him down and let him cry for a while and then Ill try it again and he does the same thing! Its like some game to him and he loves to bite me!! Well finally today I just had enough and I tried giving him a bottle...he took it and drank all of it in like 10 min...so i guess its time and Im done breastfeeding. I totally thought Id be okay with this...Ive been dying to go on a diet and what not but Im actually feeling a little sad. In a way I feel like I kinda failed by not making it a full year and it just makes him feel more old and not my little baby anymore. :( He will be 9 months Feb 2 so he just about has 3 months of formula and then hell move on to real milk...not too bad right?

4 comments:

Brandi said...

Its hard no matter what age... He is so cute though and what a healthy little chunk. You did good momma! Miss you.

The Ryan's said...

oh chels don't feel like you failed. I think it is wonderful you made it that long..and honestly it will probably be better that he kinda whined himself off..it will be easier on you to make that transition. just enjoy the next stage of his life! Oh and he is just too cute! love ya girl!

Kacie said...

Its awesome you lasted that long. Tatum would not breatfeed at ALL and Gracie I only breast fed for 4 months. You did good! Dont feel bad!!

Taylor and Amanda Lines said...

You are free!!!! Haha it's so sad but so liberating at the same time!! Now you should get some good sleep at night!!! I'm dying to start dieting to be honest I'm going back and forth on if I'm going to breastfeed at all this time! We'll see... I miss ya girl! Let's go to the gym! :)